Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Intellinet for fresh articles!
Case Study: M365 Tenant Consolidation
February 23, 2021
Diversified Industrial Company
Carlisle had grown organically and through acquisition and needed to consolidate seven separate M365 tenants into one.
- They wanted to leverage the M365 platform to help support their business segments and Center-Led functions to achieve "Vision 2025": grow the organization to $8B in revenue, 20% operating income, and 15% Return on Invested Capital (ROIC).
To begin, Intellinet worked closely with Carlisle's stakeholders to complete program-level discovery, planning and solution validation, stakeholder interviews and high-level assessment of all Microsoft 365 workloads.
- Intellinet's organizational change management experts engaged on a change enablement initiative to develop and execute a strategy to foster business partner relationships throughout the organization globally and to identify the mindsets and behaviors that would lead to a successful implementation.
- The team then focused on the design and development of the single multi-geo greenfield tenant, configuration of a sandbox for testing, proceeded forward with the initial steps to begin the first of a seven tenant migration.
- Once all the pre-requisite work was complete, the team executed and implemented the consolidation plan of seven tenants into a single global tenant using a best-of-breed tools and an agile and waterfall approach.
- Technologies used: Microsoft 365 - (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Secure Modern Enterprise, OneDrive, Dynamics, Power BI) and Quest Migration Manager
Results & Impact
Simplified the M365 systems architecture, enabling the ability to streamline & improve global IT Service Delivery support and security operations.
- Removed siloed barriers and challenges to communication and collaboration across the organization.
- Improved scalability with the consolidated platform that aligns with Carlisle's growth plans for the next five years.
- All project milestones on time.
"We are thrilled with the success of this project and our new partnership with Intellinet. Each consultant has proven to be knowledgeable, professional, and incredibly service focused. Intellinet has become our go-to for M&A M365 integration work, and we have already begun working with our trusted partner on a broader scope of engagements." - Laura Walsh, Vice President & CIO
See More News